It is interesting to see how video marketing has become a new yet inventive way businesses incorporate as a medium to reach customers. This is true to an extent that “Year 2015” has been identified as the year for video marketing for several reasons, just to mention some: 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with best ROI, 69% of smartphone users say videos are a perfect solution for smartphone viewing as it offers a quick way for consumers to grasp an overview of a product. Aren’t the statistics and facts fascinating to see how video marketing has a potential in leading to consumer’s action and influence in the consumer decision journey?!
To illustrate further on its importance, the following are the seven (7) reasons of why you should consider incorporating video marketing into your marketing strategy:
- Consumers love video: People like getting the desired information quickly yet concisely without having to read pages of words.
- Brings brand to life: Videos can help you demonstrate your product or service in such a way that engages with your customers in a storytelling style that helps them connect with your brand. Moreover, it increases people’s understanding of your offerings.
- Easy to share: Just think of the video sites that allow your consumers to view and share the video easily among their extended network, such sites are: Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. Not to stop there but also consumers can use Facebook and Twitter to share the video links that interests them.
- Entertaining and educational: Through its storytelling style, video can keep your consumers engaged along with motion pictures and sound that will ultimately educate them about your offering. As per Marketingchart.com, more than 60% of consumers spend at least two minutes watching a video of a product they are planning to purchase.
- Mobile friendly: Videos are easy to view through mobile phones and tablets that allow consumers to watch on the go. This is an important factor hence; as mentioned in the earlier blog post “The Future – Mobile Marketing” that 80% of internet users own a smartphone so, that indicates a potential to see your video marketing.
- Boost your SEO: Yes, video can help you in improving your search engine hence, with it you could use a lot of longer keywords than using text. That’s why we tend to see that search engines are placing more stock videos as it builds recognition and value to consumers.
- Customer conversions: Perhaps this could be the most important benefit for any business. Research has shown that 71% of marketers say that video conversion rates outperform other marketing content. Isn’t this interesting fact?!
Now after you have known the importance and benefits of incorporating video marketing into your strategy, it is time to talk about types of content for your video marketing that you might consider. I would say that there are many types out there, however; I will touch base on three which I found to be most interesting and essential:
- Emotional: Here you create the video with emotion to help connect with others and inspire action. One of the great examples of this type of content is the campaign of “Love Has No Labels” that has been created by the Ad council with regards to inclusion and diversity. This video aims to challenge us to open our eyes to our bias and prejudice and work to stop it in ourselves, our friends, our families, and our colleagues. To watch the video, click Love Has No Labels.
- Informative: In this type of video, your objective could be to give tips to your consumers about something that interests them and also have a Q&A session with them where you can engage and answer their concerns. Your customer segment for this video would be, those consumers who want to make their life better and need some information to help them achieve that. A good example of this type would be “An Inside Look at Google – Working at Google”. The video gives information about the working environment through genuine dialogue that viewers respond to enthusiastically. To watch the video, click Working at Google.
- Motivational: People need to be motivated from time to time so this type of video will be perfect for that moment. A good trending video of this type is by Gary Vee who is an entrepreneur, investor, author, public speaker and internet personality. He shares everyday business life through his Youtube channel. To watch one of his motivational videos, click How to Contact Influencers .
To conclude and summarize, as we have seen the importance of incorporating video marketing into our strategy, remember to always keep in mind your objectives and customer segment before deciding which video content to select and what video platform to share at. Also, it is important to keep your video short so it can attract the consumers attention and engage with them.
To read more on this topic: